Terms and Conditions of Trip Booking
The trip booking Terms and Conditions are contained important information. That’s-why, read them carefully and understands them. The Trip Booking Terms and Conditions constitute legally binding contract between Glacier Family Treks & Expedition and you for the services provided by and set out the basis of your legal relationship with our agency Glacier Family Treks.
- Booking and Payment:
- To process a booking trip, you must send us a complete booking form with 25% for trekking, 30% for Peak climbing and Expeditions 25 % for Sightseeing or Cultural visits, White-Water Rafting, Jungle Safari, etc as non-refundable deposit as detailed below. This will constitute acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions. We require you to send a copy of each passport to our Kathmandu office on 00977-1-4372453, after receiving photo copy of your passport and the completed booking form with your Advance % non-refundable, we will send you final confirmation receipt.
- All deposits required, are per person per trip. Please, contact us regarding direct deposit details. A bank service charge should be paid at the time of deposit. We will have receipt of deposit amount from our bank.
- Remaining balance is required to pay before the trip departure date. Glacier Family Treks & Expedition reserves the right to cancel your trip, should the full amount not be paid in time.
- Glacier Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd. will not accept any draft cheque which takes long process to balance.
- Cancellation and Trip Booking Changes:
- When the Trip is confirmed and done the full payment, And if you cancel the trip cause of your own problem before 2 weeks of your trip starting, 100% will be charged from your full trip payment, informed before 30 days, 50% will be charged of full trip payment and informed before 45 days, 23% of full trip payment will be charged.
- If any circumstances which can’t start the trip, such as no fly due to bad weather, landslide or political problem, Glacier family Treks & Expedition suggests organizing similar trip. And, if clients want to cancel the booked trip and not using other suggested trip, we will calculate the expenses cost for Permits, Land transportation, Domestic flight tickets, Hotel, Tax, Service charge etc and the rest of money will be refund.
- If you are prevented from traveling on the tour by genuine circumstances, for example (without restriction) because of death, injury or serious illness of the passenger, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, you may postpone or transfer your booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that tour. You must provide proof of why you are unable to travel at the time you change your booking. A fee of $100.00US per person is required if you postpone or transfer this tour no less than two weeks prior to trip departure. There will be no options available 14 days before trip departure.
- Changes to your Holiday and Pricing:
Traveling with Glacier Family Treks & Expedition requires a degree of flexibility, good humor and an understanding that mode of transport, accommodation and itineraries may change, even after the tour has commenced, without prior notice due to local circumstances such as flight delay, cancellation or postponement due to notorious weather in the Himalayan regions or other unpredictable circumstances: land-slides, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest or delay arrival etc. Our agency is unable to refund any of money under the above circumstances due to prior supplier arrangements. If possible, we will always endeavor to provide you an alternative or substitute trip of same category.
- Money will not be refundable if you came early from your trip. Due to walking fast or slow, tired or any reason. Even we are unable to provide extra Night Hotel, meal etc.
- We do not accept any responsibility for loss on employment, delays or compensation resulting from situations beyond the trip control.
- Our holidays, tour / trek packages, are based on twin share accommodation. Therefore, single room supplement charge will be imposed to clients who do not have another tour participant to share accommodation with.
- We reserve the right to revise pricing rates posted in our marketing material, under any circumstances, or on the pressure of various external elements those are further than our control, for instance change in exchange rate, government action etc.
- Passport and Visas:
- All clients must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from return date. Nepalese visas can be obtained from the Nepalese Consulate in your country or arrival in Kathmandu Airport. Nepalese visa cost is the sole responsibility of clients. Visa Fees and Requirements:
- The fee for a Single Entry Tourist Visa to Nepal for 60 days is US $60 or equivalent foreign currency.
- Additional $50 grants Multiple Entry Visas
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum of 150 days. Visa extension fee for 30 days is US $ 40
- To apply for visa, you need a valid passport, and two passport size photos
- Business Visa fee is US$ 100 for one year with multiple re-entry and US$ 250 for five years with multiple re-entries.
- Your Travel Insurance:
Travel insurance is compulsory for all Clients undertaking any tour, trekking or another kinds of activities like White-Water Rafting, Peak Climbing etc. It should provide adequate protection for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, air ambulance and adequate cover for baggage.
- Health & Fitness:
All our Nepal tours and treks require a level of fitness, therefore, you should always check with your local GP regarding your health and fitness before you travel. It’s the client’s responsibility to notify to our agency Glacier Family Treks of any pre-existing medical/physical conditions and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you required medical attention, that may affect your ability to travel.
A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of sixteen. If you have a question regarding age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
You agree that Glacier Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd. may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium it chooses.
In order to collect some information from you to make a booking through Glacier family Treks, we ask many questions to obtain the necessary permits etc. No private or personal information that you supply to us when making a booking will be disclosed for any other purposes.
- Risk & Liabilities:
We are committed providing the best services which will give you once in a life time journey in this connection; we perform our duties honestly & seriously to make your journey very smooth and pleasant. However, the entire programs in Nepal are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of their own policies.
So, Glacier Family Treks and its related organization shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary or program due to unavoidable circumstance such as government restriction, Landslide, road blockage, flood, heavy snow falling, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident, Any extra cost incurring there of shall be borne by the clients on the spots.
- Our Responsible Tourism Policy:
Glacier Family Treks & Expedition is re-inventing tourism for the benefit of local people, tourists, environment and the tourism industry at large. We ask that you read our Responsible Travel and Ethnic Tourism policy in detail before you book your holiday with us, as we expect that you will adhere to our policy and guidelines while traveling with us.
We request to our clients making some comments to our staffs through your local tour leader/guide if you appreciate them, and if your local staffs make some inconvenient behavior, also you can make some complaints to them that’s-why, they could be changed themselves to be more serious in their duties.
- Where and How to Transfer Trip Deposit:
US$ Dollar Bank Account and address in Kathmandu:
Paying Bank: Tourism Development Bank P. Ltd. New Road Branch, Kathmandu, Nepal
SWIFT CODE NO: TDBLNPKA
ACCOUNT NO: 009 009 0000 25301
ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME: Glacier Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd.